Jamun (Syzigium cumini) is also known as “Indian Blackberry” belongs to the Myrtaceae family. Its seeds are mainly used in the traditional system of medicine for the treatment of various ailments, especially for controlling blood sugar levels in diabetics. Box with net contents of 100g.
The fruit is a good source of natural polyphenols, tannins, flavonoids, carotenes, glycosides, minerals like potassium, phosphorus, etc. In the text of Ayurveda (Ancient traditional system of medicine from India) the fruit is considered to balance “Pitta”, and helps in digestion and metabolism-related disorders. The fruit is recommended for:
- Digestion related disorders
- Respiratory tract and related infections
- The management of blood sugar level
- Removal of toxins from the body
- Cholesterol-lowering and anti-atherosclerosis agent
- Blood sugar controlling agent
- Blood pressure regulator
- Take about 3-5 g of Jamun powder empty stomach with Luke warm water daily.
- It can be used in the form of paste, topping of your vegetable or as a soup along with your meal.
Contraindications: Consume only after consultation with health care professional if already taking antidiabetic, antihypertensive, lipid lowering and other related medications.